Sunday, November 17, 2013

SPECIAL-20 ( DEVILS ARE THERE-2 )


Agate Cemetery near Trout Creek, Michigan. Taken by John Cachel, GRS Patron Member, in the late evening on July 4, 1998. There was no one in the cemetery and it was about a half mile from the main road. The shooting light seems to make a curve to turn around the large tombstone. 35mm film taken at 1/360th of a second.
The original picture was taken by an individual using an 110 Instamatic camera at Forest Home Cemetery in Forest Park, Illinois in July 1979. He was attempting to document all the recent vandalism in the cemetery. The paranormal image shows up as a white streak of light which seems to emerge from a small hill. There is a distinct face of a man that appears in the bottom of the white streak. It also appeared on an SX-70 photograph at the same time taken by another.
The second picture is a detail view of the first.
I took this photograph at the Blackpool waxworks UK 9th August. It clearly shows a face behind my husband. The strange thing is that the photo was taken at the coronation street exhibit (long running UK soap) it shows the face of who I think may be Ena Sharples who died in the 1980's and was one of the original main characters. Since researching her I found that she died in Blackpool and was buried there.

I have since sent the photo to the waxworks they are very interested in it and say that there would be nothing that could cause this face, i.e..... Reflection etc...

Pauline Brannigan
My wife and daughter were watching a Travel Channel special on haunted places in the US. The Brown Palace Hotel was one of the places that was documented on the program. We were going to Denver in June and my wife suggested that we check this place out. Well, me being skeptical and all said jokingly if we found the place maybe we could get a picture of an orb or something.

When we arrived in Denver on June 19, 2005 I picked up a rental car and asked where this Hotel was and they said pointing down the street at some flags that that was it. Now I was committed to going. I took 3 pictures outside and 12 pictures inside.

When taking the pictures I did not observe anything unusual. We got home on June 22 and before going to bed I downloaded all my pictures from my camera. I use a Kodak Easy Share CX6445 camera. We then viewed the pictures and to our amazement we saw the picture that I have sent you. I have no clue as to what this is. The ships in the window behind the object are not distorted and I do not believe it to be a reflection. The object goes beyond the window into the molding area at the bottom. The only conclusion I can come up with is that it is a GHOST!!! I now am a believer!

You do have my permission to post this photo on your web site if you would like.

Regards, Robert E. Brown
This was just another ordinary picture of a computer work-station in a suburban home and nothing was noticed out of the ordinary until the film was developed. Clearly floating on the computer screen, which was turned off at the time, is a disembodied head which is definitely not someone in the background or the picture-taker herself. The photographer believes it to be the ghost of her deceased husband but he appears much younger than when he left this earth
I stumbled across your website through Google when trying to find answers to a question. I have a ghost photograph taken back in 2004 in my hometown of Massillon, Ohio. I was taking some pictures of a local reservoir after driving by and thinking I could get some cool night pictures. I took six pictures to finish off a roll of Fuji 400 speed 35mm film with my Nikon 6006. I'm about 90% sure the exposure was F11 for 30 seconds. The pictures were developed at Wal-Mart in June of 2004.

After looking thru the pictures, they ended up going into a bin that I keep all my developed rolls of film in. About 2 months later, I was going through my pictures to find some to display in an interactive resume/portfolio I was putting together and I came across this picture. I'd seen it before, but I never noticed the most interesting part about it until then. It immediately sent chills thru my body. I showed it to all of my friends, pro photographers and non-photographers, and no one could come up with anything about it other than it being some kind of ghost or someone walking into the picture midway thru the exposure. I was there alone and no one walked into the picture.

The picture has the outline of what looks like to me someone's head and shoulders wearing an old bowler hat like Charlie Chaplin used to wear. It's located to the lower left of the streetlight in the open space. A second picture taken moments later with a slight shift in position shows absolutely nothing.
Many ghosts roam the halls of this bed and breakfast, built in 1796 by General David Bradford. There have been ten murders in the house, plus at least one suicide. A frequent visitor is the ghost of Chloe, a former slave hung for murdering two little girls. General Bradford's son-in-law, Clarke Woodruff, cut off the black woman's ear for eavesdropping, and she took her revenge by mixing oleander into the children's birthday cake. Ghosts from the slave graveyard on the property still report for chores and the ghosts of the two children poisoned by Chloe play on the verandah. This photograph shows what many believe to be the ghost of Chloe seen standing between the two buildings. The Myrtle's Plantation is located on Hwy 61, 3 miles north of St. Francisville, Louisiana and reservations for the B&B can be made at 504-635-6277.
This photograph was taken by Dale Kaczmarek at Woodlawn Cemetery in 1979 using black and white Infrared film. The picture shows what appears to be a shadowy figure of a man with a brimmed hat on his head between the double tombstones and the tree in the background.
A Toys 'R Us located in Sunnyvale, California was the scene of inexplicable events such as items falling off shelves, strange feelings by employees, cold spots and other strange paranormal happenings. The story made it's way to a television show called "That's Incredible" hosted by Fran Tarkenton, Kathy Lee Crosby and John Davidson. They contacted a local California psychic, Sylvia Brown and professional photographers to document a séance in the store. Using both infrared and high-speed film, a photographer from Alpha Labs took simultaneous pictures of the empty isle where Brown was attempting to contact the presence of Johnny Johnston, a young boy in love with a local girl. He bled to death after a farm accident and it's thought that his ghost now haunts the store's location. One infrared shot taken clearly shows a young man leaning against a counter with his hands in his pockets. It did not show up on the high-speed film taken at precisely the same instant!
The case of the SS Watertown is a classic example of what many believe to be an authentic ghost photograph. The story, as recounted by the eminent and long-time director of the American Psychical Institute, Dr. Hereward Carrington, and as detailed in the house magazine of the shipping company, told of the tanker, SS Watertown making its way through the Pacific Ocean in December 1924. Seaman James Courtney and Michael Meehan were assigned to clean out a cargo tank. While doing this task they were overcome by gas fumes and died before help could reach them. Following the tradition of the sea, their bodies were committed to the ocean on December 4th. The following day, just before dusk, the entire ship was in uproar when the heads of the two dead seamen were clearly seen on board ship and, later, in the sea. Thereafter the ghost faces were frequently seen. A snapshot was taken and the camera, with film intact and untouched inside, was handed to Captain Keith Tracy for safekeeping. On reaching port in New Orleans the Captain handed the camera over to officials of the Cities Services Company and they sent it directly to their New York office, where the film was developed and printed by a commercial photographer, and there were the heads of Courtney and Meehan, exactly as they had been seen on board ship!
See below...
From their website: St. David's "Built upon the site of St. David's 6th century monastery, St. David's Cathedral has been a site of pilgrimage and worship for many hundreds of years and remains a church serving a living community. This community is represented not only by the people of the parish of St. David's but by all who find peace in this place of prayer and devotion."
St. David's Cathedral is called the holiest place in Wales. The Cathedral in the city of St. David's (the smallest city in Britain), houses the patron saint of Wales' bones, St. David and the holiday is celebrated on March 1st.
This picture was taken very early afternoon (between noon and 1pm on February 22, 2006) on a Sony DCR-PC120E PAL (video/photo combination Handycam.) It was a cold, cloudy day, and the clouds obscured the sun. The picture before and after did not contain anything strange.
There is a local legend which states that the Devil and St. David were supposedly fighting on the roof of the cathedral, and St. David pushed the Devil off the roof, and the imprint of the Devil's footprints are situated by the door to the cathedral.
This enlargement shows what appears to be a person standing in the center aisle near the front of the church. A face and strange shining shield can be seen in the blow-up.
Picture taken by Simon Eastop.
This is a photograph that was taken by a friends son.  Adam was working for a roofing outfit from Tremont, Illinois Koch Construction. He snapped this photograph with his camera phone.  The story he told me was that they were hired to roof the house by the new owners. According to him, the lady who lived there had passed away nearly three months before. They had been working on the house for two days and had seen no one there. I know the picture looks suspicious but Adam isn't one to lie to me.
My name is Ron Southwell and I have a weird photo that I would like your opinion on. It was taken with a brand new digital camera, Olympus model FE 210 with a brand new xd memory card. So I was playing with the camera settings and trying the candlelight setting. I was sitting on the couch about 5 feet from the subject and took the photo that I have attached to this email. It was night time and only a few of the lights were on in the room as well as the large screen TV which was directly in front of my subject about 12 feet away. The flash was used. After taking the picture I checked it using the view screen and was kind of amazed to see another figure in the image in the lower left hand corner of the picture. It looks like a man’s face but I just have no explanation for how it got there. I had taken a few photos using the camera that day and then erased them from the memory but none of the photos were of a man’s face. The face does not resemble anyone that was in the apartment. There was only myself and my sister in the room at the time and she was holding her 6 month old baby.